Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thing 4: Sell Something that I Make

When I put this item on the list, I assumed it would be a photograph or block print or homemade card. I still have plans to pursue paper crafts and an Etsy shop. But this goal manifested in a way that I never anticipated.


2013 turned out to be the year of the cupcake. I know that cupcakes were trendy like 5 years ago...but I've always been a late bloomer. So it wasn't until this year that I began baking them like fiend. 


And I came to learn one thing about cupcakes...people love them. 


There is really never a wrong time for cupcakes. I've brought them to work on Mondays and Fridays. I've baked them for birthdays and Christmas. I sent them to people who were mourning loved ones and celebrating long-term accomplishments.


This year I turned my love of cupcakes into Bay State Cupcake...an at home, kitchen bakery. My first commission was a 75 cupcakes for a graduation party. Go big or go home!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...