Monday, August 27, 2012

(Somewhat) Local Field Trip: Pemaquid Point

After hitting up the Portland Head Light, Everyday Mom and I road tripped down one of the fingers of the Maine coast to Pemaquid Point. We drove through:


and Damarascotta to New Harbor where they filmed part of Message in a Bottle. It was quite beautiful! 


We missed the puffin cruise so instead we dined at Shaw's Wharf...


Investigated the lobster traps...


And pretended to BE a lobster.


After lunch, we headed to Pemaquid Point to visit another lighthouse. I remember going to Pemaquid when I was younger and loving it. Unlike most things that change with age, Pemaquid was just as amazing as I remembered. The lighthouse is quite small in comparison to Portland Head Light which is strange because there are hundreds of feet of rocks between the lighthouse and the ocean.


We spent some time climbing on the rocks and I walked to the very edge of the rocks. Look how far down from the lighthouse you can walk!


Everyday Mom and I stopped at a street festival in Norway, ME and I hung out with an orange Patrick Dempsy for a hot second. We bought plants from him!


Our last stop was to the lobster truck parked outside the gas station. Very suspicious lobster buying...


But they were delicious. First lobster of the summer!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...