Friday, November 8, 2013

Today

Today is November 8, 2013.

Today I attended ALICE training where I learned that shelter-in-place lock downs are ineffective in school shootings. Instead, we were instructed to barricade the door, evacuate the building, and confront the attacker.

Today I was shot at by a Nerf gun, threw Nerf balls at a police officer, and got some cardio in when I bolted from the building.

Today was a harsh reality of educations new "normal."

Today I wore penguin socks.

Today I took a two hour nap.

Today I heard my first Christmas song on the radio and IMMEDIATELY changed the channel. I'm determined to hold out until after Thanksgiving before I start doing Christmassy things. But it is so hard. I'm still trying to enjoy fall but all I find myself wanting to do is start making holiday cards and baking cookies.

Today was good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...