Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened...

Actually, a lot of funny things happened.

On Saturday, I went to my first Halloween party in soooo many years.  I was a lady bug and K was Gothic Marilyn Monroe Betty Boop.  There were some great costumes at the party like a bearded lady, Miss Iowa, Bill Belichick, Maverick from Top Gun, and some grapes.  My favorites were a couple dressed as the American Gothic painting and a douche bag...we're talking double-popped Polo collars, the excessive use of the word "Bro" and so much cologne that he had to wash himself halfway through the party.

There was a heated discussion on what the "that" in Meatloaf's "I'd Do Anything For Love, But I Won't Do That" is.  (This blogger lays out Meatloaf's Do's and Don'ts pretty clearly.)  There was also a mustache that saw more action than anyone else at the party.  It masqueraded as a beard, a unibrow and eventually a cleavage-enhancing chest hair patch.

Best part of the night:
The apartment is decorated and dimly lit to set the mood.  An almost empty ice cube tray sits on the counter.

A:  Did anyone put ice cubes in their drink?
D:  I did.
A:  How many?
D:  Like four.

O, K, and A start laughing.

D:  What?
A:  Did your drink taste weird?
D:  No why?
A:  They weren't ice cubes.  That was frozen chicken stock.

True Story.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, glad I didn't reach for any ice cubes!

    And, just fyi, I'm not a complete stalker. 'douchebag' sent mr. american gothic the link to your blog, and it was forwarded to me :-)

    Good luck finding ducks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...