Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Duck Duck Goal

In November I went on several job interviews, baked the best biscuits ever, wore heels like a lady, let my apartment get messy, ran over a possum (which is STILL laying dead near the edge of the road...are there no vultures in MA?) celebrated Thanksgiving in Maine with the family, did lots of block printing, attended my 10 year high school reunion, voted, folded 118 paper cranes, and FINALLY finished a book!

I have decided to indefinitely forgo my duck counts as it seems foolish to count and recount things that rarely change within a months time.  Instead, let us discuss my inability to accomplish goals that I set for myself.

Goal # 1:  Find a community service opportunity and volunteer. 
I had the best of intentions with this goal and I fully intend on making this a goal in the future.
Status - FAILED

Goal # 2:  Read at least four books. 
I haven't finished a book since August and I needed to get back on track with my 1,000 book challenge.  I procrastinated AND took the easy way out in order to accomplish this goal...no judgement!  I finally finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (which I started in August) and I read three Roald Dahl books: The Vicar of Nibbleswicke, The Twits, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Status - ACCOMPLISHED

Goal # 3:  Limit myself to one non home-cooked meal per week.
I set this goal in an effort to save money and cook better meals at home.  It turns out I don't like to cook meals at home and meeting a friend for lunch is often the only reason why I leave my apartment during the day.  In attempting to accomplish this goal I did realize how often I was eating out and made an effort to curb that habit.  But let's be honest, I broke this goal by November 3rd.
Status - FAILED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...