Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cooking with Amy: Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Edition

So I blog stalk this cooking blog called How Sweet It Is.  Jessica is hilarious and cooks some delicious things.  Try as I might to replicate her recipes, I seem to fail every single time.

Previously, I baked The Most Delicious Cupcakes Ever and had a butter seizing situation.  I also made a mess because I used a mixing bowl that was too small.

Well...I used the same small bowl today and made a mess again.  <---Typical.  Earlier this evening I softened a stick of butter on the carpet near my baseboard heater. Don't judge...it worked wonders.  I set out with my small bowl to make Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles. I mixed butter and peanut butter, vanilla extract, Trader Joe's rice crispy knockoffs, and confectioner's sugar.

Activities on the back of the cereal box FTW!

It was supposed to make a dough....but mine kind of made a peanut butter mush.  I checked the recipe again and again to see if I was missing something.  Jessica's PB balls looked like this:

Source

Mine looked like this:

Tacky, smooshy and sticky

And that is AFTER I added an extra half cup of confectioner's sugar.  But as in most of my cooking adventures I said, "Eh, good enough" and stuck them in the fridge.  I got to melting the chocolate chips and gave those suckers a chocolate bath.


It wasn't pretty.  I couldn't quite get the hang of it.  I made ONE delicate swirl:


Hopefully they are delicious and worth the trouble.

Note: If you have a nut allergy you probably shouldn't come to my apartment ever again.  There is peanut butter everywhere...on the counter, on the stove, in the sink, on my clothes, on the microwave, on my camera, on the floor...everywhere.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...