Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh Holy Afternoon

On Saturday, I headed to the home of Thoreau, Emerson and Alcott to hear a (mostly) Christmas, barbershop quartet chorus concert.  Yes, barbershop choruses (chori?) still exist...and no, there was no haircutting happening.  Just 40-50 men in their best Christmas ties ready to serenade.

I must admit, I was anticipating (and hoping for) bedazzled, sequin vests but sadly they were a shiny, snowy white.

They sang all my favorite Christmas songs and happily refrained from any of the stupid cheesy Christmas songs like "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."  My eyes maybe, almost teared during "Oh Holy Night" because it's my favorite Christmas song of all time.  The "fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices" gets me every time.  I've loved it ever since Macaulay Culkin wandered into that church and made friends with the creepy old man in Home Alone...so basically forever.


After the concert, I headed home to bake crack cookies saltine toffee for the first cookie party of the season, and construct a GIANT snowflake out of popsicle sticks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...