Friday, January 14, 2011

Second Sleep

Definition:  When you wake up at a reasonable time, roll over and go back to sleep for another hour or two...or sometimes three.

I participate in second sleep pretty much every morning and it is during this time that I have the strangest dreams.  Maybe I always have strange dreams and I only remember my second sleep dreams because I am closer to awake than during actual sleep.  A REM cycle thing perhaps?

The reason why is not as important as the dream content.  This morning I had a very vivid dream that today would end with me being sealed in a box and interred.  Needless to say, this was not the most comforting way to begin my day.  I must note that my dream did not include my death in any way, merely my being buried. 

Now, I can't say that I would be thrilled to die today but I would welcome a quick death a hell of a lot more than being buried alive before the night is through. 

So let's hope that I am not a psychic portending my own demise and that I pull through because I have plans tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...