Sunday, October 24, 2010

C-C-C-Carvin' A Pumpkin

Get out your gold stars ladies and gentlemen!

I have officially accomplished my second October goal.  The goal was to carve a pumpkin without it looking like a six year old did it.

In the past, my pumpkin carving has included a giant kitchen knife and resembled the following:




This year, I invested in a pumpkin carving kit that came with some little plastic tools that claimed to be safer than a knife...but in reality were quite dangerous. (There may or may not have been a band-aid involved.)


Like I could carve any of those!

The aforementioned "safe" carving tools.

So with my new, fancy plastic tools I took a deep breath, said a little prayer that my pumpkin was in fact, not alive, and began carving.




It turns out that my pumpkin WAS alive and began to weep.  So I put on a brave face and continued to cut and gut not just one, but three pumpkins*! (Obviously this warrants extra gold stars.)


My Pumpkins!

*The smaller pie pumpkins are sooo thick and packed with seeds and pumpkin meat.  There is a reason people don't carve pie pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...