Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Today Sucks

Today I had an interview and a Career Services Seminar...and yet I've never felt more dejected about being unemployed than I do right now.

Reason #1: I got my hopes up* about the opportunity to work at a bookstore which I have always wanted to do. However, they only wanted me to serve coffee and wipe tables because my availability matched what they needed.

Reason #2: I wasted 1.5 hours learning about the career services offered at the training center only to find that if I wanted to sign up for a workshop I would have to arrive at 8:00 a.m. and wait in line until the sign up starts at 9:30 a.m. because they only offer each workshop once a month! Seriously? Could they make things more difficult? Maybe they are thinking that since we are unemployed we have nothing better to do than line up like cattle for the morning.

Reason #3: The mean man at the unemployment office who talks down at you and doesn't even allow you to ask a complete question before he interrupts with a gruff answer. The first time I met with him he didn't even look at me or treat me like a human being. I understand it's probably annoying having to answer the same questions over and over every day but that's your job! Last time I met with him he was almost pleasant but he had just come in from having a cigarette. I guess I need to time my visits in accordance with the smoking schedule.

UGH! I just want to get in my car and escape. Something about the open road always helps to calm me down and clear my head. Unfortunately my gas tank is empty. Maybe I should seriously reconsider the conversation I had with K about me becoming a trucker (one who drives 18-wheelers around the country.)


*In my recent experience hope only leads to disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...