Sunday, May 22, 2011

Six On Sunday

1.  Saturday was a perfect day.  It was GORGEOUS out...75 and sunny.  My only regret is that I didn't wear flip flops.


2.  Saturday was also girl date day.  S and I went for pizza then saw Bridesmaids which was HILARIOUS!

3.  This week at the grocery store I bought this:

I've eaten squash many many times but my family usually gets the green, pumpkin shaped ones.  I have never prepared squash by myself before.  I'm going to try and prepare this without incident but I don't know where to start.  Cut it in half?  Peel it?  With a knife?  A veggie peeler?  Do I even own a veggie peeler?

4.  I also bought these at the grocery store. 


I've been on an Asian food (i.e. stir fry and wonton strips) kick lately and I add these on top of everything.  If you know me, you know I also eat them from straight from the bag like crackers.  Nom Nom.

5.  I've been working on several things from The List this month.  But you're going to have to wait and see what this turned into!


6.  In case you haven't seen it, the CDC (that's the Center for Disease Control) has issued an emergency response plan for the zombie apocalypse.  It's nice to know that should the zombie apocalypse occur, the CDC will have my back.

If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov


   

2 comments:

  1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and bake it in the oven. When it's all cooked, you scoop the middle out to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother is also a fan of cutting it into wedges and then putting it in the oven with some maple syrup or something on it. Either way, yum. And if you're feeling really adventurous you should try spaghetti squash...I can almost hear you squealing as you make it now... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...