- Being a grownup means being woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of water rushing out of your bathroom ceiling.
- Being a grownup means learning to deal with awkward situations like hanging out in the middle of the night with your landlord in your pjs.
- Being a grownup means calling your landlord in the middle of the night instead of your dad.
- Being a grownup means doing things that scare you...like calling the gym and asking if they found your rings that you took off and left on a machine to avoid finger calluses.
- Being a grownup means taking care of business...like representing yourself at your unemployment redetermination hearing and hoping for the best in the face of a grumpy DUA employee who won't look you in the eye or stop talking long enough to listen.
- Being a grownup means it's okay to reward yourself for surviving scary situations with hot chocolate from Starbucks.
- Being a grownup means driving to the gym to see if just maybe, someone turned in your rings. (P.S. someone did and I've never been so happy! My Celtic braid ring has 9 lives. I lost it at a bus stop once and after an entire day of classes I found it on the side of the road.)
- Being a grownup means understanding that sometimes to fix a leak the ceiling must be removed.
Being a grownup is exhausting.