In case you were not aware, I've been
I've always done things at my own pace, in my own convoluted way so why would I think major life decisions/milestones would be any different? I'm slowly coming to accept the fact that I should not compare my life circumstances to others and certainly not against a number. <---Evidence of me growing up!
Tomorrow, I officially become a grownup. Remember that Britney Spears song, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman"? Well tomorrow, I move from the girl side to the lady side of that equation.
As Dirty Thirty weekend is about to commence I would like to summarize the last 10 years...bullet style.
- Transferred from UVM to UMASS.
- Studied abroad in England.
- Traveled to Spain, Italy, Scotland and Ireland.
- Spent a final summer at camp.
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree.
- Moved home.
- Worked retail for the first time.
- Realized I wanted to be a teacher.
- Earned a Master's Degree.
- Got my first "real" job.
- Got my second "real" job.
- Moved out of my parent's house.
- Lived alone for the first time.
- Spent 6 short months as a 4th grade teacher.
- Started a blog.
- Spent 12 long months unemployed.
- Made The List.
- Returned to my second "real" job.
- Made some new amazing friends.
Here's to the next 10 years being even more awesome!
Read last year's birthday post here.
* Ryan Adams sang this.