Friday, December 21, 2012

Cooking with Amy: Cupcake Jars Take 2

After the success of the mason jar cupcake bridal shower favors, I decided they would make a perfect holiday gift for work friends.

I had a jingle jammy dance party to the N'Sync Christmas album while whipping up some red velvet cupcakes. They were reddish but didn't come out as vibrant as I anticipated.


I prepped the lids with snowflakes...


And created some cute "Happy Holidays" tags. After I finished ALL of the tags, I realized they were way too big for the jars. I tried to peel off the stickers but it was a no go.


 I cut the cupcakes in half horizontally then layered with frosting.


And I topped them off with some sparkly snow-like crystal sprinkles.


The plan B for the tags was these smaller white tags. I simply stamped my "Homemade with love" stamp and tied them on with some bakers twine.


They were cute and easy and portable...but best of all people loved them and said they were delicious (which is what really counts when you're talking about cupcakes).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...