Monday, December 31, 2012

On Lists

You may (or may not) have noticed that I've taken my 30 While 30 list down.

The idea behind the list was to follow up my much more successful 30 Before 30 list. I was inspired by a TED video claiming that telling people your goals made them less likely to happen. I have found the opposite to be true. Without a posted list to refer to and people (friends and randoms) asking, reminding, or offering to do things with me, I ignored that fact that I had made a list. So I thought it better to quit while I'm ahead.

Now, don't think that I've given up on making lists/goals. I've thought about creating a 101 Things in 1001 Days list but I know how that would turn out. I would procrastinate until day 990 and end up only completing 10 things from the list.

Back when this blog was Zero Ducks in a Row (remember that?) I made monthly goals. To some extent I still make goals or list expectations for the upcoming month. I don't think that will go away. But I would like to have something a bit more long term to work on. So instead of choosing 101 things or even 30 things I'm sticking with a short but important 13 Things.

List to come on New Year's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...