Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mother is Always Right

I like to bring mixed berry smoothies to school in the morning. And just like yesterday, I blended up my smoothie, poured it into a sky blue SOLO cup, and was out the door. My mother asked me this weekend why I didn't use a cup with a top and I was all "Mom, smoothies are thick...it won't spill."

Today, unlike yesterday I knocked my no-top smoothie cup with my lunch bag and this happened:


Yes. That is an entire SOLO cup's worth of mixed berry smoothie all up in my car.  Luckily, my raincoat protected my school outfit but oh man there was smoothie EVERYWHERE.

So what was a girl to do? That isn't something you can clean up with a couple of Dunks napkins. I decided the best idea would be to leave it and deal with it after school. Well...do you know what happens to milk in a hot car over the course of 7 hours? 

After school, armed with a role of paper towels, a container of Clorox wipes, and a measuring cup, I tackled the mess. I will spare you the details but as of now, my cup holders have never been cleaner. The only remaining issue is the smoothie that escaped down into the emergency brake. I stuffed a paper towel down there to sop some of it up but now the paper towel is stuck somewhere in the bowels of my center console. It is highly likely that I'll never see it again but I'm worried about what it will smell like.

Any suggestions on retrieving it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...