Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soundtrack Update

Find my soundtrack here.

In June: I picked up John Mayer's new album Born and Raised. It is so different from his older stuff but so good. Immediately, I popped it in the car stereo and set off for Maine. (I love listening to a new album on repeat on the drive to Maine.) I love so many of the songs but Born and Raised and (what I call) The Submarine Song were by far my favorite. The Submarine song is about this guy who is kind of over his day to day life so he teaches himself to build a submarine.

In July: I listened to Fun's Some Nights over and over again. And I watched the strange Civil War video because the lead singer's facial expressions made me laugh. Case in point:



In August: I listened to a lot of old mix cd's but I also turned up the radio every time Everybody Talks by the Neon Trees came on. It started with a whisper...

In September: I am currently OBSESSED (like listen to it 25 times in a row everyday) with The Head and the Heart's Down in the Valley. All I want to do is drive around back roads with the window down. I can't wait for the new Mumford and Sons album to come out as I have already listened to I Will Wait a billion times. Sadly, buying new records doesn't fit in with my buy only essentials during September budget so it will have to wait for October...unless anyone wants to buy me presents??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...