Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In October


In October, I listened to SO many hours of Mumford and Sons. Everyday Brother came home and I spent lots of time annoying him. I went to work, laughed at with kids, and taught them things. I enjoyed lots of New Girl and pulled my hair out watching presidential debates. I tried to upgrade to an iPhone and was denied. I survived hurricane Sandy and got a four day weekend out of it. I made a Halloween costume, baked some yummy things, and didn't buy ANY Halloween candy. I ran 3 times a week for the entire month and invested in a foam roller but don't really know what to do with it yet.

My goals for the month were:

1. Buy and listen to the new Mumford and Sons over and over and over.
Did I ever. I don't think I listened to anything else this month.

2. End the month with more money in the bank than I start the month with.
Thanks to the magic that is the three paycheck month, I definitely have more dollars in the bank today than I did on October 1st. But I did go a little shopping crazy this month. Oops.

3. Do lots of things from my Autumn 2012 list.
Um...I did some things...not lots. I wore sweaters and scarves (for decoration not for warmth), made applesauce, and sent lots of postcards.

4. Be crafty.
I was crafty in cooking, and costume making, and generally being sly...but I still want to do some paper crafting (a.k.a. minibooks).

5. Fill my weekends with friends and fun.
I honestly don't know what I did with my weekends. I saw some friends but not a lot. I had some fun but I also relaxed and went to Target and slept in on weekends.

October is typically my favorite month of the year but I was disappointed this year. I think I expect 31 days of cool, sunny, crisp days and instead got a whole lot of rain. The foliage was gorgeous this year but I didn't even enjoy it because it was always raining. Boo. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...