Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A & M Do Concord

On the way home from Maine, M and I stopped off at the quintessential New England town of Concord, MA. The last time I was in town, there was a Corvette convention. This time, there was an antique car brigade traveling through town. They were everywhere we went and they were beautiful!


We dined at a local cafe and M had chowder one last time before heading home.


After lunch, we headed to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery to visit Henry, Louisa, and Ralph.


In what is probably a gross invasion of privacy, I read a note that someone had left for Ralph Waldo Emerson. I share it here because I thought it was beautiful and it made me feel things. 


We left the cemetery and headed toward the Old North Bridge where we found another old car...this time complete with a pirate skeleton!

It's always Halloween somewhere.

We visited with the minuteman...


And saw the dinosaur ducks! Fun fact: when I was in school in England, we had these crazy ugly dinosaur ducks. They were mean looking and aggressive. The Concord dino ducks were the same. I thought they were going to climb into a fisherman's canoe!


Our last stop in Concord was at Walden Pond. We walked around the pond and visited the site of Thoreau's cabin.


People leave notes and stack rocks for Thoreau. I don't know what the rock towers are supposed to mean...they remind me of Blair Witch...remember that?


After we circled the pond, we went for a dip!


Sadly, M had to head home and go back to being a real grown up with responsibilities and a job and stuff. How can I get a job where all I do is travel around with my friends? Because that would be the best job ever. Travels and Adventures forever!

Bright and early the next morning, it was time to send M on her way.

Boston skyline from the roof of Logan parking garage.

"Look cute," I said.



Dear Airport,

Okay, okay I get it. I have my ticket. But even if I didn't, I could still pay on my way out. So don't lie to me and tell me otherwise.

XOXO,
Amy


Read about A&M's other adventures here:
Freedom Trail
Boston, MA
Salem, MA
Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...