Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Evolution of a Halloween Costume

I was going to be a pumpkin for Halloween. I was just going to pick up an orange t-shirt and sew on some felt jack-o-lantern features.

But then my co-teacher decided that since we are reading The Witches in class, we should be witches. And so I thought I would be a pumpkin witch. I purchased an orange and black, feathered witch hat fascinator.

Exhibit A:



But I felt like a crazy bird with an ice cream cone on my head. So I kept looking and found a different witch hat.

My plan evolved from there. I took a bag of plastic spiders and a glue gun and went to town. I made earrings, a bracelet and, with the help of some puff paint, a spider web t-shirt.


A few glue gun burns later and I have a costume that is simple but appropriate for school and a Halloween party. All that was left was some late night nail painting:


I had to stay up late to let the nail polish dry enough so it wouldn't smudge on my bed blankets. My philosophy on painting nails is simple. Paint quickly and without regard to neatness. The next morning in the shower, scrape at my cuticles until all the excess polish comes off. Hey, don't knock it until you've tried it!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
May it be full of treats and not tricks. 
(I think we've had enough tricks this week!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...