Friday, December 24, 2010

Cooking With Amy: Christmas Eve Edition

For Christmas Eve my family hosted dinner.  Dad made paella and I supplied the dessert...a traditional lemon-raspberry trifle à la Martha Stewart.  When my dad requested trifle (which I have never made) I immediately thought of this:

 
Luckily the trifle recipe was quite simple.  We didn't have a trifle bowl but we did have a solid crystal Tiffany bowl from a time when companies rewarded years of service with expensive gifts instead of pink slips.


Luckily the recipe was quite simple.  Lemon pound cake, smashed raspberries, and homemade whipped cream.


The hardest part was using the electric mixer to turn heavy cream into whipped cream.  It took forever and I can say with absolute certainty that if I didn't have an electric mixer I would have dumped the heavy cream into the sink and bought some Cool Whip instead.

The top of my trifle looked like this:


And we are going to pretend that it looked like this from the side.


But everyone seemed to like it except for L who is the only kid in the whole world who doesn't like whipped cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...