Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Is What I Get For Reading Crime Thrillers Before Bed...

This may or may not have just happened...but it did.

*FYI: I am currently reading The Girl Who Played With Fire.

After reading for a while, I turned out the light and I snuggled in bed with my iPod.  Now if you know me, you know that I like to tempt deafness with the volume of my music.  So...I'm listening to this French song and I hear something in the other room.  My eyes snap open, my heart finds a new rhythm, and I hear it again. 

By now I am totally freaking out because someone has obviously broken into my apartment.  So I climb out of bed and grab the aluminum baseball bat that my dad insisted I keep near my bed...which I am very grateful for at this point because the biggest knife I own is only 4 inches long and is currently in the dishwasher.

I tiptoe down the hallway in the dark and with my bat at the ready, I peak around the corner and see a tall man standing in the shadows of my living room.  I am certain that he can hear my heart beating and is about to kill me so I flip on the light ready to smash some skull with my bat. 

Here's the part where I feel like an idiot...I almost assaulted my Christmas tree.  Funny in retrospect but at the time I seriously thought I was going to end up on the news.  So now I am wide awake with no intent on ever sleeping again.  I have checked the locks and the windows, made sure my cell is charged and next to my bed, and removed that song from my sleep mix. 

It turns out the sounds I heard were actually timpani drums.  Good to know that my fight or flight instinct remains intact.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's scary! Haha, poor Christmas tree almost got a beat down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...