Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas to My Car: The Sequel

Today was such a comedy of errors. 

I was feeling like quite the renaissance woman this morning when I was able to independently jump start my car in the snow.  I backed out of my spot, drove about six feet, then turned on my heat which made the car die in the middle of the driveway.  I did the only thing I could think of, I put her in neutral and with feet sliding in the snow, pushed as hard as I could until the car was out of the way. 

I called AAA for a tow and was told it would be 90 minutes.  Living in the woods a small town has some benefits.  The tow truck arrived 10 minutes later!  (I must have the value AAA plan because only the first 3 miles of my tow were free.)  So with my car on its way to the dealer I went back to bed.

They fixed my car and I persuaded my dad to pick me up and drop me off at the dealer where he asked if I wanted him to wait for me.  I told him no and he left...with my house keys in his truck.  I paid for my car with my 10% off coupon and the dealer gave me a $10 gift card to Dunks...SCORE!  After an impromptu stop at my parents house for my keys I turned off my car and my daytime running lights stayed on.

Long story short...it turns out that even cars with daytime lights have a light knob thing that you can use to turn on the headlights without the car being on.  You learn something new everyday!  I have owned this car for 5 years and I just found this out...it makes me wonder what else I am completely unaware of in my day to day life.

So, it turns out that my Corolla wanted a battery and not an alternator for Christmas.  This made Santa very happy because a battery is sooooo much cheaper.

Here's hoping for a worry-free Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...