Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why I Can't Sleep

True story...

It is 2:30 in the morning and I finally decide it's time for bed.  I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and there is some type of insect on the floor.  It is either a spider with only 6 legs, a beetle of some sort, or a baby cricket.  My immediate reaction is to kill it because it is a bug and the less of them the better...but then I remember that killing crickets violates the laws of luck. 

So what does this girl do?  She traps the bug under a cup and uses Google Images to look up crickets.  It turns out that it is a cricket, so instead of squashing or flushing it, she spares its life and releases it into the hallway (hey it's cold and dark outside...if the cricket is smart enough it will figure out how to hop out the door when someone opens it.)

But now I am all skeeved out from looking at pictures of crickets and I just keep imagining if I had gone to bed earlier I wouldn't have seen the cricket and it might have hopped into bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...